twin Vaillant 428's - odd problem | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss twin Vaillant 428's - odd problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Job presented as a leak- aav dribbling! Temp shut it- going back to replace. This is an open vented system, with twin Vailant 428 boilers. Anyhows boiler has F23 fault on - I reset and fired up... Made a helluva racket and went to F22!
Checked f+e ... It's full even a bit too full? I drained a cup off to check there's no blockage and water smelled like.... Well like poo?
Went back a few days later and boiler is OK and after resetting no noise or anything? So now it has water in it ( the f22 is dry fire...)
The thing is I noticed a weird thing on the supply from f+e to Chb ...about the size of a cup made of copper. I think it is a air seperator but couldn't get to it as loft is full up!!
My question are - How come one boiler is full and other empty? Both are supplied by the same feed from f+e after mug thingy... Why would the aav dribble? Why does the CH water smell like poo- I put inhibitor in a year or so ago. How come the boiler filled itself up? Lastly could the copper mug looking thingy have anything to do with it?
See photos above and below boiler... No photo of mug thingy!

Attachments

• 2016-05-17 16.43.40.jpg
    2016-05-17 16.43.40.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 2016-05-17 16.45.37.jpg
    2016-05-17 16.45.37.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Found the thingy it is an air separator... I'm guessing they can block?

Attachments

• 2016-05-17 17.11.34.jpg
    2016-05-17 17.11.34.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 56
They can & do regularly, it's the low water velocity that allows the air to come out of solution also allows the dirt to settle.

Yeah probably a restricted air separator... They seem to attract sludge...

Those lever valves shouldn't be on the boiler either... Take the handles off at least, if the customer gets a leak they'll turn every valve off on site & that boiler is then a bomb!

Yeah probably a restricted air separator... They seem to attract sludge...

Those lever valves shouldn't be on the boiler either... Take the handles off at least, if the customer gets a leak they'll turn every valve off on site & that boiler is then a bomb!

Yes of course! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks guys - some good advice! Think I'll go...
Replies
Views
H
pumps are £130 plus vat so would not change...
Replies
Views
buckley plumb
B
Back