Two ballcocks on main cold water tank - why? | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Two ballcocks on main cold water tank - why? in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

C

captainnemo

I've just moved to a new house and I noticed an overflow leaking from the loft.
In the loft I can see the main cold tank is overflowing and there are two ballcocks installed in the same tank, one of which is leaking.
Luckily each has an isolation valve, so I thought as a quick fix I would just turn off the leaking one and fix it when convenient.

Have I compromised the system in any way and why are there two ballcocks? - not just for dual redundancy surely?

The house has a power show, an electric shower and 3 loos, so maybe the tank needs to fill faster than normal??

Any thoughts?

Cheers

I have seen this in commercial buildings like hospitals or flats, the reason in this case was if one failed you had a backup until the faulty one could be replaced, both would not run at the same time, one would be just sat there ready to go incase it was needed like a super sub lol

Because float valves like this arnt off the shelf and not cheap:

Aylesbury Keraflo K Type SF 2" - 50mm Delayed Action Float Valve | Tanks Direct Ltd

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There are float switches instead of mechanical...
Replies
Views
  • Question
which must be protected by a RCD new circuit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you, I’ll do just that. Much appreciated
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
Back