Two Bedroom Rads won't work - Scratcher | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Two Bedroom Rads won't work - Scratcher in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

S

Scratcher

Winter 2015-6 : Two upstairs Bedroom radiators are not working.

Radiator 1 - had been switched off for couple of years because it hissed. Slight but constant noise.
Fault became apparent because Radiator 2 became half hot recently.
All summer the system had no use. Wasn't needed until colder months. No air was there to bleed.

The downpipe to Rad-1 is constantly cold, while the downpipe to Rad-2 is hot when system is active.

didn't work: Shut off ALL other radiators in the house and ran system for about 40mins. Still no change in temp to the rads or the downpipes.

didn't work: Instead of taking off and flushing the rads (we had no hose) Two NEW rads of same were bought and fitted.

didn't work: The system was flushed with a hose - only a bit of muck was dispersed.

Why if I have two new connected rads and filled with water by the system - why is none of it hot?

The boiler is a 5 year old Worcester combi. Can anybody solve this scratcher?

Cheers!

Yes I believe so. They are Conic variety. I've attached an image.. Rads Victoria.jpg

Similar plumbing topics

You seem to have got it sorted, but for future...
Replies
Views
It is set to that, max output, CC3 at 6.5M...
Replies
Views
  • Question
'Have tried all off bar A, B, and C, so not...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
Do they get hot if the other rads are turned off?
Replies
Views
Back