Two questions... | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Two questions... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Whats the best way to get spray paint off car windows and black exterior trim?

And if I ever find out who did it, is it best to shove the aerosol can up lengthways, or sideways?

Definitely sideways, but we need photo's of the look on there face.

How about nail polish remover (acetone) but very carefully.

Try Wonder Wipes. Amazing what they can do. But rubbing it in might make it worse. Try one of the mobile valeting companies that do scratch and dent etc. as they come direct to your door.

Hope you get him/her back mate.

Who you pee off

Its a straight line right down the side of the car, which was parked in the road. By the time I noticed it, I had driven away, but when its light tomorrow I will look at the other cars in the road. I think some little scrote has just gone down a whole line of cars...

If it it was someone with a grudge, I would expect a rude word or message.

Its a straight line right down the side of the car, which was parked in the road. By the time I noticed it, I had driven away, but when its light tomorrow I will look at the other cars in the road. I think some little scrote has just gone down a whole line of cars...

If it it was someone with a grudge, I would expect a rude word or message.

Not nice mate hope to get it off ok

dont use any solvents at all, remember all modern cars are waterbased paints with a laquer finish. Acetone (nail varnish) was used to clean cellulose based paints the old ones! try warm water and fairy liquid for starters and talk to a car paint expert in a repair shop. Any solvents will take off the spray damage and your own paint!!!!!!

dont use any solvents at all, remember all modern cars are waterbased paints with a laquer finish. Acetone (nail varnish) was used to clean cellulose based paints the old ones! try warm water and fairy liquid for starters and talk to a car paint expert in a repair shop. Any solvents will take off the spray damage and your own paint!!!!!!

Thanks for the warning lame plumber, but its not on the paintwork. Its on both passenger side windows, and on the B pillar, which is black trim, not paint. It might just scrape off the windows.

oops read the thread, glass acetone but protect your window rubber/platistic. b pillar soapy water and a hard rub , acetone eats some plastics

MadDan to the rescue.....Go and buy a blade scraper...Single edged blade, wear gloves and go careful of the glass maybe spray with some window cleaner (this is for the glass) it will take time and patience.

For the rubber trim I would suggest thinners but you may find that the paint has already dried too much...

Hope this is helpful, oh and I am ex-RAC so that's how I can answer that for you..

Regards Dan

Should have put to remove trims off vehicle to protect paint work or protect paintwork using masking tape and plastic sheets...try in a small non-conspicuous area first though

Update:

Stroke of luck - I was stood in the smoking shelter last week having a "breath of fresh air" *cough* when a mobile car valeter pulled up. Turns out he was earning a few extra quid subbying to one of the courier firms. I picked his brains, and he advised steel wool for the job - medium pressure on the windows and light pressure on the trim.

I tried it today, worked perfectly on the window. Trim didn't come up quite as new, but still loads better than before.

Result!

what car have you got here Ray as new window trims are'nt always that expensive.....pm me info and I can cost them for you if you like.

Hi Plum ber.

It's a Hyundai Santa Fe, and thanks for the offer, but to be honest, you would need to look really closely at the trim to see the mark now. Since my car only ever gets cleaned if the garage does a complimentary wash when its serviced, I am not going to lose any sleep over it. By the time I sell it, it will have 150,000 miles on it, so a very slightly discoloured trim will be the least of my worries!

In my younger dayz....I used to be a windscreen tech and have seen this before and scratched cars ect....People can be so cruel.....

Glad you got it sorted though!!

:96:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Atag let you go for the 600mm clearance away...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Gave it a good pull with 2 hands and it just...
Replies
Views
Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17...
Replies
Views
Nice one cheers. Can anyone confirm the actual...
Replies
Views
Back