Two seperate manifolds on two floors | Water Underfloor Heating Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Two seperate manifolds on two floors in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi

I installed ufh on two floors. My question is can I run two manifolds on two floors with one pump and mixing shunt?

How do I go about connecting the manifolds together, do I run a T straight after the pump before it enters the first manifold or do I connect the second manifold after it enters the first manifold?

This is what it says on danfoss website about the mixing shunt.

"These are designed for 1 to 3 floor heating circuits and contain both a small mixing shunt as well as 1, 2 or 3 group manifolds"

According to this its possible. Or am I misunderstanding?

What sizes are the manifolds? If they're under 12 ports in total you could run the system off one pump and have a T after the pump going to each manifold.
Ones a 5 port and the others a 6
[automerge]1595646896[/automerge]
Ones a 5 port and the others a 6
Should I put the pump upstairs? Do I run it with a T after the pump or from the end of the manifold to the beginning of the other.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks, thought I's just close this out with...
Replies
Views
I suppose the other question I forgot to ask...
Replies
Views
Behind the control panel the cylinder unit...
Replies
Views
J
We’ve had a UFH system installed as part of...
Replies
Views
JSlippy
J
not sure if it would or not, but already...
Replies
Views
Back