twyfords toilet. new install... advice please | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss twyfords toilet. new install... advice please in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

handsomejackuk

Hi. have just purchased a new back to wall toilet, what is the name of the seal that fits in the back of the toilet for the clean water to seal from the cistern to the toilet... are they straight forward to fit as mine dont have one. ?

also how far away can i mount the cistern. ? was hoping to mount it in the loft space above the ceiling in the same room. about 4 feet away and run the clean flush pipe in the partitiion.. very similar to as old toilets used to be.. to give a better flush and hide away the cistern...

can the remote flush button...maxikwik be extended ? this far and still get reliable operation ?

please advise...

thanks...

If it's a pneumatic type flush button, I reckon the length of tubing you would need would probably cushion the effect of the piston and would not activate the flush.
What is maxikwik ?

Bidet and toilet in one!

i think it is cable operated...multikwik sorry... its not the best quality granted. but hidden away it will do the job.... do you think it will be too high then in the attic ? if so i mount it in the cupboard behind the bog as normal...

If it's the kind that has something similar to a bicycle brake cable then it might be ok. I'd try the cistern in the loft, most toilets used to have high level flushes anyway and in Victorian style houses the cistern could be 10ft above the pan.

not really, if it is drop a bit of 32mm in line on the flush pipe or put a bend in it, this restricts the flow.

i going to trial fit the cistern tomorrow.. and see if i can get it working with the distance from the bog... sort that out then fit the bog... so presumably i can use push fit waste, compression. or solvent waste for the cistern or is there a better quality connector for the pressure on the water from the cistern...... what would be the pipe diameter required for the flush cone ?

notice that a lot of people seem to have trouble with the flush cone any tips on what quality cone to get is there a real good qulaity one.. ?

thanks all fro the help b.t.w.

Last edited by a moderator:
the white rubber ones are good.

the flush pipe may be an odd size!. but to connect to it you will need a comp fitting.

Put a donut ring of Plumbers Mate round the flush cone and push it home into the toilet and it will never leak and the sticky Plumbers Mate stops it from popping back out again as silicone would do. You can easily buy extended flush pipes for high level cisterns. Ask at your local plumbers merchants.

Put a donut ring of Plumbers Mate round the flush cone and push it home into the toilet and it will never leak and the sticky Plumbers Mate stops it from popping back out again as silicone would do. You can easily buy extended flush pipes for high level cisterns. Ask at your local plumbers merchants.

i got this bog and the seat, and the cistern tank, remote flush cister, 90 degree pipe, and a stainless flexi for the water to cistern and borea valve for £50 from my triavis perkins clearance yard... the bog is a twyfords back to wall item...

do you think that is good value for a complete bog system ?

ohh and a soft close seat was thrown in with the deal too....

ohh and the 90 degree pan connector and a short small angle pan connetcor as well..

all for £50... ohh and a dulux weathershield light base coat masonary paint for the £50 i know the paint is unrelated but we needed it for the house... i thikng it was a good deal...

i got this bog and the seat, and the cistern tank, remote flush cister, 90 degree pipe, and a stainless flexi for the water to cistern and borea valve for £50 from my triavis perkins clearance yard... the bog is a twyfords back to wall item...

do you think that is good value for a complete bog system ?

ohh and a soft close seat was thrown in with the deal too....

ohh and the 90 degree pan connector and a short small angle pan connetcor as well..

all for £50... ohh and a dulux weathershield light base coat masonary paint for the £50 i know the paint is unrelated but we needed it for the house... i thikng it was a good deal...
Well done, for a Twyford you got a bargain.

Well done, for a Twyford you got a bargain.

ihave this flush cistern what is the adjutable flap on the side for ? and wot is the screw thing on top for it seems to move a floater up and downe is this to increase the cistern flush capacity ?

download.jpg

Attachments

• mask_imggal_main.jpg
    mask_imggal_main.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 13
Its usually an internal flush pipe cone you want. A cistern in the loft usually requires a restricting washer that you put in the pan before you join the flush pipe to it. A wide pattern poly washer with a 22mm hole that you can widen out in it usually does it. You will see how wide it has to be by looking in the back of the flush pipe hole on the pan. You may not be able to get the correct size washer but you want one you can cut down to suite. Open the hole out to about 25mm the wider the more fierce the flush. It was quite common years ago to do that with high level cisterns. If you get stuck making a flush pipe long enough you can make one up with 32mm solvent waste pipe and fittings. The problem is the flush pipe size is usually different as is the plastic it is made of, so you can't glue it to the waste pipe, but you can make the lower half of the flush pipe out of flush pipe and use a mechanical mutli fit joint in the middle to join the waste pipe to the flush pipe. Joining the waste pipe to the cistern you may need a 11/2" to 32mm reducing cap and liner. All sounds fiddly but its easy really. Loads of clips as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
I would call it installer error. Maybe from...
Replies
Views
Post some pics. Is the cistern touching the...
Replies
Views
Will be the fill valve but sometimes it’s...
Replies
Views
Back