txn150pterp kingspan cylinder internal air bubble | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss txn150pterp kingspan cylinder internal air bubble in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Has anyone worked to the txn150pterp kingspan unvented cylinders? They have an internal expansion bubble like the megaflows I believe. To repressurise the internal expansion bubble am I correct in saying turn the power off to the immersion/heating turn water off. Then open lowest tap to drain and open the temperature relief valve to drain too. Once empty refill? Can any one explain how this recharges the air bubble?

Hello mate, I think I may have repressurised one before, it will be the same as the megaflo.

There are baffles inside the cylinder and when you half drain it down and refill it, you trap a bubble near the top which acts just like an expansion vessel. Over time they can lose their bubble and need the air needs to be trapped again. It usually only needs to be drained halfway or to the servicing drain off point.

I've attached a pic of another make's cylinder but the principle will be the same.

Attachments

• image_2023-04-17_223914054.png
    image_2023-04-17_223914054.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 34
  • image_2023-04-17_232102258.png
    image_2023-04-17_232102258.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 26

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Red circles show my new AAVs and the manual...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You misunderstand, if you have an actual...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
The expansion vessel should be on the cold...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why did you drain system to change pump?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for this but it wasn’t exactly what I...
Replies
Views
Back