UFH and OpenTherm | Water Underfloor Heating Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss UFH and OpenTherm in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all. I've currently got a system boiler with cylinder and rads on s-plan. I'm planning on installing UFH in my kitchen/diner and utility/downstairs loo. My question is around mixing valves and opentherm. Do mixing valves dynamically adjust the amount of cold being mixed in response to the temperature of the hot? If not, in general, then are there ones that do? How do UFH controls normally work with Opentherm? This feels like a situation that may have arisen before but I'm failing to find any information. Thanks in advance!

There fixed output so there blending the hot down with cool return water so the lower you can get the flow the better so no issue I would spec 100 mm centres for the ufh pipework

Similar plumbing topics

Behind the control panel the cylinder unit...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Thanks to @Ian777 - I've just ordered EPH...
Replies
Views
Harp62
H
Set the ufh mixer to 30-40 / what the design...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm looking for suggestions on...
Replies
Views
Back