UFH over an acustic floor to start.... | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss UFH over an acustic floor to start.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.
Picture this, I walk on to a site halfway through the renovation of 2 flats and the shell of an out house being developed.
The 1st flat floor had already been 1st fixed, with back falling wastes (1 1/2 everywhere), 22mm cold feed (speed fit v. poorly strung in) taken to WC, basin and shower positions. 15mm hot feed again just strung in, barely a clip in sight!! This is an old building 1900 circa I'm not certain....

Anyhow, the long of the short is the customer has tried to cut corners employing people who don't really know what they're doing. I've tried to give them advice but it's falling of deaf ears I think however I will persevere as it has the potential to be a rather satisfying job....

I priced 100m2 UFH, using poly plumbs overlay system at about £4.8k fitted. This is to be laid on an acoustic floor, overlaid with a machined timber (hench the overlay system).
The customer was horrified at this price, telling me he can get whats needed for the UFH for 1.8K approx then using timbers, celotex and a biscuit screed then lay the finished floor.
But this is the same guy who wants to run the heating primarys out to the UFH manifold and t-rail feeds alongside the UFH.

Unfortunatly I just don't know how to explain why we don't run the heating this way normally. Will it work? any reason the buscuit screed couldn't be laid over an acustic floor? and what about the weight fo the entire installation???

Thanks

Dom

Walk away Dom and don't waste your breath. Let them mess it up and it'll cost them three times as much in the future.

Darwin'ism of the plumbing world. :)

You can lead the horse to water but not force it to drink. I get shot of that one.

Plumber Dom,

Don't start second guessing yourself because a customer thinks he knows more than you.
If you don't feel comfortable doing your job the way you know and want to, then walk away.

If the customer can do the job for 1/3 of your price - let him.
Just don't get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No bother dan Get the client to ask his...
Replies
Views
Gray0689
G
Back