UFH screed vs chipboard overlay performance comparison. | Water Underfloor Heating Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss UFH screed vs chipboard overlay performance comparison. in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, as part of an extension/refurb project I will be fitting UFH over a new concrete floor as well as existing joisted timber floor. Both floors being within the same room.

My question is whether anyone has done this mix of subfloors before and noticed a performance/temperature difference between the two areas.

I would imagine that as the UFH on the joisted area sits underneath 22mm of chipboard this would have more heat resistance than the screed equivalent used on the concrete floor area but am interest to know if this is actually the case.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-15 at 11.24.47.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-15 at 11.24.47.png
    50 KB · Views: 35
The best way for you to go would be a screed infill between the joists as you can then run both systems off the same manifold. If you went for the spreader plates you'd need a seperate manifold as screed runs at a lower temperature then spreader plates.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Awesome, thanks for all the advise
Replies
Views
Yep fine pal . I was going to do the full...
Replies
Views
You do always risk leaks when converting...
Replies
Views
A
Thanks Shaun & Ric, appreciate the response.
Replies
Views
Thanks chaps I have 400mm centres as...
Replies
Views
Back