UFH seems to have a problem | Water Underfloor Heating Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss UFH seems to have a problem in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at Plumbers Forums

I have two adjoining cottages, each with an identical UFH system downstairs. Both been going fine for around five years.

But for the last few weeks, one of the systems doesn't seem to be running most of the time. Essentially the UFH does "work", in that I can turn the thermostat right up, and hot water cycles around. But the issue seems to be that the underfloor temperature probe is returning figures that are higher than expected, and rise very quickly once the system is on. Meaning that the thermostat shuts down the UFH pretty quickly after coming on, and the floor slab doesn't actually heat up as it is supposed to.

I happened to have a replacement (and identical) thermostat here, for another install we're doing, so I tried swapping that out, but no joy - the same very fast rise in floor temperature.

I was wondering how likely it is that the temperature probe itself has failed? Does this ever happen?

I'm also slightly suspicious about the pump (Wilo Yonos)... this does audibly start up and it vibrates during operation, but it doesn't seem to make as loud a "pumping noise" as the pump in the other cottage. But I might be imagining it!

Any other ideas??

Thanks

If you can add up the total flowrate by adding up the individual loop flowmeter rates and reading off the manifold flow/return temps ( if thermometers installed) then the output can be calculated which may help.
What mode/setting is the Wilo on?.

Similar plumbing topics

J
We’ve had a UFH system installed as part of...
Replies
Views
JSlippy
J
The mixed temp is fine at 40C so needs the...
Replies
Views
The temperature you need for the UFH will be...
Replies
Views
Manifold temp.
Replies
Views
Interesting, I've also got a Wunda manifold...
Replies
Views
Back