UK 1970s Flat - Cold Water Pressure | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss UK 1970s Flat - Cold Water Pressure in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all, I’m at my wits end and would really appreciate any advice!

The cold water in our kitchen mixer tap has recently lost all pressure i.e. just a dribble and if the hot has been on for any length of time it seizes up completely.

• A plumber In the past has suggested that the kitchen cold is fed by the mains and the bathroom is fed by a water tank on the roof but...
  • Our (shared) roof has recently been replaced inc the tank housing, although I’ve never been up to look.
  • Possibly not relevant: the thermostatic shower in the bathroom had been too hot to use since we got the cartridge replaced months ago. Same plumber said the unbalanced pressure was the issue.
  • We have a combi boiler, controls for radiator temp but not hot water.
  • I have fiddled with the isolation valves, no change.

So, should I try replacing the tap? Hot water flow is fine for a while then gets very hot and slows down. It would be a bigger job as the tap can’t be removed from the basin in situ.

Thank you! If specific pics would help, please let me know...

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks for your advice I will get up into...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think 2.7LPM is the minimum requireed so...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'd be grateful for some advice please...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
Back