Uk .. Old toilet waste capped and concreted over.. trying to find | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Uk .. Old toilet waste capped and concreted over.. trying to find in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi

I removed a high level toilet from my garage 28 years ago...

From memory ..i capped the soil pipe that was coming from below the concrete floor and then concreted the floor smooth...

I am now trying to reinstall a toilet....

The problem is that i can see an oblong in the concrete and have tried drilling several holes in the concrete down about 5" but i cant find the soil pipe.....
Also tried tapping the floor to see if i could hear a difference where the soil pipe is..... to no avail...

Is it likely to be in the centre of the oblong or nearer the wall......

I assume the toilet was installed in the 60's or 70's.....

Any suggestions would be very greatfully received

Thank for the reply...

Just found it ..
Coming diagnonally under wall ....
Already taken a chunk out of it (clay pipe)
Bloody concrete on top of it is really solid.....and propery attached to it....

Hoping i will be able to get an inset pipe into whats left of it...
Oh... and then theres the problem of trying to get the paper/plastic out of it (what i used to block the pipe all those years ago)

Any suggestions on how to get the concrete off with the least damage to the pipe?

Hi All

As you can see from the images below I have an issue.....

I removed and blocked the toilet in my garage 25 years ago..... it was concreted over.....

I now need to reinstall the toilet...

As you can see from the photos the pipe is damage to one side on the bend in the soil pipe....
The pipe has an inside diameter of approx 100mm

My possible bodge would be to get a flexible extendable pan coupler and see if i can get the end to seal into the soil pipe then silicon it... the fill hole with sand and put a thin 10mm concrete skim over....

Yes... i know its crude.....

Anyone any suggestions that would help.....

Oh! and by the way you will have noticed the bin bag filling the hole... its jammed soild... any sugestions on removing this would also be gratefully received...

View attachment 43663
View attachment 43664

Hi all....

No images / broken links ?

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for the informative post. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Would cap both off separately cut just below...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
A
It’s mainly because of the boss eg pipe into...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
Back