under sink water heater | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss under sink water heater in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

hi chaps,

have to fit one of these tomorrow - it's a 10 litre job. Instructions are as clear as mud/ however it does say " the connection to the hot water outlet is to be carried out with a cast iron or steel sleeve or dielectric connector " I have some 1/2 inch black iron fittings - can I use one of these with a brass female iron to connect to the 15mm copper ? which runs to the hot tap - many thanks dave

Just use a standard 1/2 brass female iron

thing is Shaun the MIs state " use of brass fittings on the hot water outlet is prohibited "..

Do they supply two little plastic male to female adapters ?

Why did you use black iron fitting ????

brass not allowed

You can't use black iron on water mains, all that means is you need the transition fittings first

So no going straight to brass off the heater

So heater transition fitting brass :rolleyes:

IMG_0081.JPG
They normally look like these. You then fit a female brass adapter to it.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks Shaun, Much appreciated. It's nice to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks Ben-Gee - thats a good idea! But...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Looks like your attempting to put a plain 3/4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Under 15l you don’t need to notify building...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello again, Although as I mentioned...
Replies
Views
Back