Underfloor Heating Flow Meters | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Underfloor Heating Flow Meters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have had wet underfloor heating installed in a pair of new build semi's.
The problem i have is that i have 1 thermostat controlling 2 zones in kitchen/diner (1x100 metres 1x50 metres pipe run) & another thermostat controlling lounge (1x100metres).

I have tried balancing the flow meters (plumber did not do it) setting the long runs on 2.5 & the short on 1.
I have achieved the 2.5 but can't get the other on 1.

Can anyone tell me if all the flow meters should move even if only one zone is calling for heat as this appears to happen.
Secondly there is occasional high pitched whistling.
The rooms are heating up fine but wondered if the electrician might of wired the zones incorrectly as when i turned the lounge thermostat up the flow meter for one of the zones in the kitchen dropped.

Hi
Could be air in the loop. Sounds like it wasn't filled propery.
Google filling underfloor heating and there are a few videos.

If the motorised heads are not screwed on tight enough then they can let by.

No, only the flow meters for loops calling for heat should move, check the actuators are screwed down properly. Does sound like this wouldnt have been filled properly aswell thiugh if your having to do this.

To rule out incorrect wiring undo the actuators so all circuits are open-loop. At this stage set the flow rates through each circuit between 1.5 & 2 lpm. Put one actuator back on and turn the stat off for that room - after a few minutes check the flow again to confirm the correct loop has closed. If it has not swap the actuators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I started a long winded response but deleted...
Replies
Views
sticking actuator, try changing it over whith...
Replies
Views
Fitted the blue cap and keeps the valve...
Replies
Views
Back