Underfloor heating kits - reviews | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Underfloor heating kits - reviews in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'm after some reviews on your preferred underfloor heating kits please people. Sponsors can also include their gear if the they give an honest review !

Which makes do you tend to use and why, price, quality, etc

only ever very fitted what was supplied years ago so a bit behind the times on the latest offerings.

cheers in advance

Why does my ipad include random words into my sentances ...

Jupiter underfloor heating ive been told is top dog but its expensive.
just one for you to look into.
the eco style looks very flexible as you can use a router in to adjust pipe runs.

Have fitted many. but for a fast turnaround and great price I use Wundafloor.

in may ive got 8 flats and 2 shops to underfloor, they priced it last August and for a £200 deposit they fixed the price for 12 months. :clap:

I use polyplumb based on the fact all ive ever really used and havent bothered using others but back in the day used speedfit systems for conservatorys.
Also used wirsbo when i first started in plumbing that stuff was a pain in the arse

I use polyplumb based on the fact all ive ever really used and havent bothered using others but back in the day used speedfit systems for conservatorys.
Also used wirsbo when i first started in plumbing that stuff was a pain in the arse
Expensive and not many screed company's like the red floor panels.

I've been eying up the wunda floor gear and it's very keenly priced. I like the look of the low profile kit, but not sure how effective it is?

Whats the quality like?

The trick with Polyplumb is to check the kit form against component level pricing.

The kits are sold on a completely different basis, off a different list price, and with different terms and rebates. In most (but not all) cases, you can save a shed load by buying at component level, not kit level. However, that requires both you and your merchant to know what you are doing.

I've been eying up the wunda floor gear and it's very keenly priced. I like the look of the low profile kit, but not sure how effective it is?

Whats the quality like?
Manifold and heads are decent quality. I tend to use the toutch screen stats, they fit flush to the wall but need a deep back box.
the pipe is basically the same as unipipe ( alluminium core mclp) the underfloor pipe is not allowed on hot or cold ( not wras approved)

Glad nobodys mentioned uponor. No problem with product as such, but far from impressed with their customer service, or should I say lack of. Cant domenough until you pay your money.

Wundafloor is good used it plenty of times. They are Nice to deal with as well.

Glad nobodys mentioned uponor. No problem with product as such, but far from impressed with their customer service, or should I say lack of. Cant domenough until you pay your money.

Agree!! good system, more rigid pipe holds better in the bends, manifold ok!! on the first day local rep come over "to assist" the install tried to sell me everything else and to pipe the rest of the property in it as well but was harder to get hold of after that!

Was unimpressed that the Myson kit that I used only supplied the pipe in 250m coils which was a pain, as I had to work out all the separate pipe runs to get it all out of the pipe!!

Had all the plans and lay outs, but 4 x 250 coils so had to plan routes to get the correct number of runs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Well put Dan, have a good weekend...
Replies
Views
great, thanks for sharing, really difficult to...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
Back