Underfloor heating not working | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Underfloor heating not working in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

I have underfloor heating downstairs and radiators upstairs. The radiators are working fine, but the underfloor heating has stopped heating up. The pump appears to be fine and the electrics and thermostats seem fine also. There are five zones with four controls (two zones are controlled by one thermostat). I cannot work out where the problem is. I have attached a picture of the manifold setup for the underfloor heating - flow is at the bottom and return at the top. The flow pipe gets hot up to the first two port manifold going from right to left. After that it only gets warm. I would appreciate any help or advice given.

Attachments

• DSC_0895[1].jpg
    DSC_0895[1].jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 61
on the bottem manifold there is flow gauges, are these moving or are they at 0?

and if the pump is deffo running, remove an actuator head and see if the pipes get hot

from the picture the actuators look closed

ok

please claifiy

1. boiler is supplying heat
2. There is a flow on flow gauges
3, there is heat going to manifold
4, you have removed the black thermostaic valve to check operation?

we may fix it tonight :D

looks to me like it will unscrew, but only the bottem not the whole head

im re-reading all of this, and everything seems fine

you have flow
you have heat

it will just take a while to heat up
leave the system on for a couple of days and you should be good

thats how it works to regulate the temp of the underfloor

return on bottem, so hot comes from flow,
goes past first return loop
gets cooled/mixed
next loop, even cooler
etc

until floor is warmer and it maintains a nice warm temp, leave it for a few days,

There is a possibilty of a low flow rate of Heating water to the manifold but i wouldnt know this without professional invetigation

And thats the end of simon's 13/12/12 free advice :D

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Can anyone help with this underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
I started a long winded response but deleted...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Or if 3.7LPM/zone = 14.8LPM
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
its a real p poor install. the suspended part...
Replies
Views
Back