Underfloor heating problem. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Underfloor heating problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ee0jmt

I have just had my underfloor heating manifold connected to my aga central heating system. The problem is that there is no heat on the flow to the manifold.

The manifold (ground floor) has been T off of the hot water tank loop (upstairs). The T fittings are hot but the pipe leading to the manifold is not apart from immediately next to the Ts. There is a pump next to the aga (ground floor). I'm guessing that the flow of water is going straight across the T and not feeding the manifold.

There is a pump on the manifold and I have flow going through each oh the underfloor heating circuits. It would appear that the
Manifold pump is not sucking any water in.

Is it possible to put another pump on the flow to the manifold which I can switch it on at the same time as the manifold pump?

Yes and no. You will need to reconfigure main pump. I really hope this isn't a solid fuel gravity hot water aga!

Oil aga. Its fed off the gravity circs. Will never work.

Needs doing properly.

I agree, your aga is like Simon says , Gravity circulation, and it's the gravity circuit that you've teed into, this will never work, the pump that's near the aga I would've thought fed rads ???? Do u have rads,
Is the aga gas ,oil or is it an uncontrollable heat source
Best to get a qualified engineer in to advise n fix,

I agree, your aga is like Simon says , Gravity circulation, and it's the gravity circuit that you've teed into, this will never work, the pump that's near the aga I would've thought fed rads ???? Do u have rads,
Is the aga gas ,oil or is it an uncontrollable heat source
Best to get a qualified engineer in to advise n fix,

Its oil and yes we have rads downstairs only. Is it possible to pump that circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Good point. My daughter rang me yesterday and...
Replies
Views
Wired and plumbed up as really the same zones...
Replies
Views
S
Sketch/ pictures of your existing pipework...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you, i think that is what is confusing...
Replies
Views
Back