Underfloor Heating Pump goes into a blocked error (Grundfos UPM3) | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Underfloor Heating Pump goes into a blocked error (Grundfos UPM3) in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all!

Went to stick the underfloor heating on and the pump started making a weird noise and the first red LED and the last amber LED are on - which per instructions means that the pump is blocked and it is necessary to deblock the shaft. It has a deblocking screw in the centre of the control box so I push it down and turned it counter-clockwise multiple times and I can hear it turning so the shaft shouldn't be blocked. But when I turn the system back on it goes into the same error mode.
I even tried to give it a a few love taps with a rubber hammer - anything else I can do, besides calling the engineer to have a look?

The pump is also a new one having been installed back in March this year, so I doubt any sludge is in the pump yet.
Worth mentioning that this is the first time we have switched the heating on for at least 5 months.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 10.59.43.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 10.59.43.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 45
Did you love tap the screwdriver?

Need to split the pump and clean the ball

I had the same issue. I found the anti clockwise turn alone wouldn’t clear it. I isolated the flow and return, switched off the power and then tapped the screwdriver with a hammer whilst turning. I then switched it on with the flow and return still off and it started again. Then turned the flow and return on and all working.

I had the same issue. I found the anti clockwise turn alone wouldn’t clear it. I isolated the flow and return, switched off the power and then tapped the screwdriver with a hammer whilst turning. I then switched it on with the flow and return still off and it started again. Then turned the flow and return on and all working.

I had the same issue. Tried turning anti clockwise multiple times but it didn’t work. Then found Jon’s advice, tried that and it worked first time. Thank you Jon!

Similar plumbing topics

N
If it takes ages to heat up I’m guessing due...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It’s a common problem they don’t like not...
Replies
Views
P
Mr Speaker: I'm tempted to draught a sarcastic...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Isn’t that odd. Really you’re gonna need a...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back