Underfloor heating wet system-- Any Advice Welcome | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Underfloor heating wet system-- Any Advice Welcome in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I'm new here so take it easy with me.

Empty Bungalow not moved in yet. Insulated cavity walls built onto foundation blocks with deep footings. Uninsulated concrete floor onto soil.

I've done some research but finding it difficult to get unbiased advice.

I am looking to install wet underfloor heating of minimum profile possible, onto the concrete floor.

1. do i need insulation or will the soil insulate the warm concrete. I'm not sure about heat leakage at the edges of the floor and how significant.

2. I've found reclaimed plastic screed trays 15mm thick that take pipes down to 50mm ctrs if required . these trays can be fixed with adhesive straight onto concrete but presumably not onto insulation.

3.Is it possible to use screed down to 15mm

thanks in advance

1. Yes.
2. No.
3. No.

What pipe centres does your heat loss calculations give you.

Underfloor heating isn't a make do and mend install.

Needs to be corret.

Yes you need to insulation before you install your ufh normally around 100mm thick

Best not to buy second hand stuff

And yes but you will need a liquid screed

Depending on the build , your concrete may only be “ oversite “ you could probably remove it to dig down to keep any available head height .
If the house is on a “raft “ obviously you are goverened by that level .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
It’s Possible yes as it’s just filled with...
Replies
Views
Honeywell Evohome best solution. Far superior...
Replies
Views
Nu Heat do a complete design package that will...
Replies
Views
It redistributes the heat across the whole...
Replies
Views
Back