underfloor heating with boiler question | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss underfloor heating with boiler question in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

seka1980

Hi there

I have spent the last year re-furbing my house and i have installed john guest under floor heating with a new worcester bosch boiler and im just trying to get my head around something, now please bare with me as im new to this, but what im struggling to get my head around is how the underfloor heating tells the boiler to fire and pump, am i right in saying that when the pump for the underfloor heating system switches on , this automaticly turns on the boiler and tell it to pump, also does the pump for the UFH and the pump for the boiler always run at the same speed.

i hope this makes scene

Thanks

jon

You shouldn't be fitting boilers!

Depends on what kit you have and how it's wired up, may be best to get a pro in and they can wire it up for you and explain how it works if you can find someone to do that.

You won't get it signed off though and will have problems with building control, especially when you come to sell up!

a programmer that should be installed with ur boiler tells a motorised valve to open or shut !! also stat tooperate when reached desired temp !! - who fitted boiler for you??

Its ok dont worry im not toutching the gas my self.my friend is corgi reg. but he has never installed underfloor heating.ive just fitted every thing and run all the water pipes in the screed.
i just like to be clear on how everything works at each step.im comunicating between my plumber mate and my sparky .

in the wiring diagrame gor the ufh there is no wiring between the two systems so im presuming that it works like this.

ufh stat in room sends signal to ufh controller box
the controller box then opens one of the zone valves and turns on the ufh pump.this triggers the boiler pump to come on and fire up.

i may be totaly wrong .

i knew that comment was coming
its ok my friend is a corgi reg plumber, its just he hasn't delt with UFH before, ive done all of the water pipework and mounted the boiler, and i am liaising between him and my electrician,
its just i like to be clear in my head how something works before i do it,

from what what i can work out

the UFH thermostat in the bedroom sends a message to the master control unit for the UFH system
this in turn opens a valve on the UFH manifold AND also turns on the pump that comes with the UFH system.
Im thinking that when the pump for the UFH system comes on , its this that triggers the boiler to start pumping

Last edited by a moderator:
You will also need a bypass before underfloor system for boiler pump over run, if it has a pump built in. Really tho, hope you haven't fitted it yourself. Too much to go wrong and too much at stake. Think safety. that's why we're here at end of day

Cheers marley, Yep i have put in the bypass valve, i will take a picture tonite, and i wont be starting it all up untill ive had it all checked over

Last edited by a moderator:
I had major head aches with a similar system and had to do all the design myself.

Hope you have sorted it all out.

Dickspanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I started a long winded response but deleted...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
What type of boiler is it?
Replies
Views
So you don’t have any of the blending valves /...
Replies
Views
Back