Underground copper pipe question. | Ground Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Underground copper pipe question. in the Ground Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tonyacktar

I have just run some copper pipe and a 4 inch concrete floor has been poured over it. I used ordinary table X 15mm tube wrapped in foam insulation no joints in the pipe just two machine bends.

It's only now that i realise i should have used table Y copper tube.
Question is if i leave it is it likely to cause problems in the future the floor will eventually be tiled so if i have to dig it up i would rather do it now.

Any help would be apprieciated.

did you not wrap denso round it or put in a channel, what is the copper pipe for

If the floor has a damp proof membrane below it & the insulated pipe is above the membrane, then pipe should be okay, although a plastic barrier sheet over the insulated pipe would have been better.

The pipe is a cold feed for the utility room. It is wrapped in foam insulation and bedded in sand and lime to stop any acidic corrosion with concrete poured over it. No denso tape used.

I would have used plastic coated copper. By the time you have fitted normal copper then bought foam lagging on top and all the other stuff, it is probably cheaper and less labour intensive.

Lime can eat into copper if it comes into contact with it might be worth seeing if you can find another route now before you put your tiles down..good luck regards Turnpin:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Another vote for copper. All copper tube is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I really appreciate the comments and advice...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am just catching up on some threads...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Any thoughts on this bottle gully arrangement?
Replies
Views
Good suggestion as before rad removals they...
Replies
Views
Back