Underground lpg gas pipe | Ground Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Underground lpg gas pipe in the Ground Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoggy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi
Got to put some lpg gas pipe underground and just weighing up mdpe gas pipe versus Tracpipe, just seen the cost of Tracpipe wow!!!
Only thing is it seems that the Tracpipe is going to be better to bend for when I connect abouts ground, I see the mdpe has electrofused joints which I wouldn't have a clue how to do so will leave that, has anyone used mdpe before for gas and how did you go on?
At the minute the safest bet looks to use the Tracpipe but it's extremely expensive.
Thanks for any advice

Have a look at gastite and if your doing elec fusion joints there's a separate qualification ;)

Any reason why you cant use coated copper ! if price of TracPipe is to expensive !

Bring it up in a hockey stick and then use a transition coupling.
Why are you needing to bend it tight?

How much are you going underground you can buy tracpipe in 5m or 10m kits, i had to run a LPG pipe underground through 4 inch ducting and i used tracpipe 5m installation kit came with fittings for both ends cost me £80 and done within 15 mintues

Copper potentially get crushed underground even if coated. Make sure to lay at correct depth for foot or road traffic as required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yeah sorry, crappy powerpoint skills rather...
Replies
Views
I'll be using end feed on it and if I need to...
Replies
Views
M
A U6 shouldn't be a problem but a 16 probably...
Replies
Views
T
Yes it can be done, needs to be a min depth...
Replies
Views
Got a response from Gas Safe Register, I think...
Replies
Views
Back