Underground oil tank feed problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Underground oil tank feed problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

This unit is located in France where they use diesel not kerosene. The feed from the underground tank is not getting through to the boiler. The boiler works fine if I connect the hoses up to a remote tank of diesel. I am assuming that a filter is blocked somewhere but there is nothing between the boiler and the tank. On the top of the tank I can see the return pipe, the supply on/off lever and another pipe which I assume to be the inlet pipe. There is also a plastic bung in the centre which can be removed. I have pictures. My question is whether anyone knows if there might be a strainer or filter within the tank and if anyone has ever removed any of these components to clean them?

what is the elevation and run length between tank and boiler? was there a return fitted all the way back to the tank...if so I would check the return is open correctly(bypass screw inserted/removed depending on pump). it may be that the return is open but if its a long run and lift gasses might be pulled out from the fuel and cause air pockets...a Tigerloop would potentially help(and reduce the need to run the return all the way to the tank which carries more risk of leaks).

alternatively you probably have an air leak on the oil feed line so when connected it will pull air instead of oil.

Similar plumbing topics

Tank if forty years old so think it's out of...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Yes you should be able to cut them off in...
Replies
Views
https://www.pipelife.co.uk/content/dam/pipelife...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Back