Underground soil - can it be painted? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Underground soil - can it be painted? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marshr02

Need to use a long radius bend above ground. Can this brown stuff be painted..?

Assume you mean plastic and not vitreous - no problem painting it to match something

centralheatking

Usually emulsion paint and do not use Denso its petroleum based and affects the plastic as does I suppose any oil based paint.

I wasn't clear earlier. I meant paint the denso. Years ago they used to have you wrap external gas pipes with protective tape, usually denso. Cust asked if he could paint it. Don't know if he ever tried.

Hi! tamz,

Seen Denso painted quite often, but it seems to go hard.

I suppose that is what you want though as the goo plastered all over the tape its made with, sticks to nearly everything.

Down here, we used miles of it for gas pipes in the floor screed, but after a few years they found the oil it was made with expanded and often broke or perished the floor screed covering.

They then made everybody use Kuterlite and pvc taping over the joints.

You can still get it, its probably used mostly for outside work though.

Go to admit though it was messy to use.

I repainted my mums cast pipe with black hammerite 12yrs ago, part of it was plastic i just painted this bit too with hammerite, its still intact 12yrs later no peeling etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes it’s doable but I suspect it wouldn’t be...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
If they say it’s ok, then roll with it...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
Back