Undersized boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Undersized boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I think someone has got their sums wrong. New extension of a school.
3 x wash hand basins
1 x cleaners sink
1 x kitchen sink
1 x shower

All supplied by an Ideal logic+ 35kw combi

Bearing in mind you'll probably have to bang a secondary return too, in that boiler's gonna generate plenty of complaints.

A job like that will have had the calculations done by a mechanical engineer. Not much chance of some plumber just sticking something in a school because they think it might work. That could be a costly lesson.
It is all down to probability factor and will have been worked out by someone who thinks they are above our pay grade.

I think the main problem is the boiler being rubbish.

Apparently the company who designed and were set to install went bust.
The design must have been signed off by multiple pen pushers though. Its not finished at the mo.

i love it when its been designed by someone else if it dont work it aint my fault slap it in and let them take the flak

Bearing in mind you'll probably have to bang a secondary return too, in that boiler's gonna generate plenty of complaints.

Can you install a secondary return on combi? If yes how's it done?

No because it's a crap design. And eat pcb,s, your supposed to pour water through it on a service. The fans awkward to fit and it's generally cheap and nasty. Where did it come in the which mag reliability score?

No because it's a crap design. And eat pcb,s, your supposed to pour water through it on a service. The fans awkward to fit and it's generally cheap and nasty. Where did it come in the which mag reliability score?

Lol, who cares? The reliability scores for that article were based on boilers not even sold anymore. Hence worcs doing so well. It was a farce. Apparently pottertons are more reliable than baxi regardless of being the exact same boilers.

It's a great boiler.

Lol, who cares? The reliability scores for that article were based on boilers not even sold anymore. Hence worcs doing so well. It was a farce. Apparently pottertons are more reliable than baxi regardless of being the exact same boilers.

It's a great boiler.

We disagree on that, they're just a cheap boiler for those who can't afford a decent one.

Vaillant, worcestor, baxi, Intergas, viessman, ferolli, vokera, mains, etc.etc. I'm just trying to think of one that's worse than an ideal. But can't.

Vaillant, worcestor, baxi, Intergas, viessman, ferolli, vokera, mains, etc.etc. I'm just trying to think of one that's worse than an ideal. But can't.

My god man you're deluded.

Worc are the most cheaply made piles of plastic **** going, yet cost a premium.
Vaillant are expensive, crap heatex and steal your customers.
Baxi, crap boilers, crap backup.
Intergas are probably awesome but try to find a local stockist when you need a boiler the next day. Look crap on a wall too.
Viessman are full of plastic and not widely stocked.
Vokeras don't work out of the box, terrible build quality and parts are ridiculously expensive.
Potterton and Main fall under the baxi crap bracket, but at least they're fairly cheap.
Ferroli doesn't really warrant a response.

There's been 2/3 issues on early logic models, all of which have been rectified and the offending boilers have been repaired under the very good warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I am only telling you what I have seen. I...
Replies
Views
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
How high is the hill 40m as that will add 4...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back