Undersized kitchen/dinner/lounge radiator | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Undersized kitchen/dinner/lounge radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sdsparks

I have a client with an open plan kitchen/dinner/lounge complaining it is freezing cold, basically a big room with double glazed patio doors leading onto the garden and 12 sky lights in the roof, the dimensions are 7.2 long x 4.5 wide x 2.45 high and all they have is a 4ft column radiator!

Because of the U value nightmare I have manually calculated Fabric & Ventilation losses, F1 & F2 factors and have came to a sum of 6350 watts of heat needed, I'm confident my calculations are correct.

The problem I have is I cant find a radiator rated to the number of watts needed above, so now I'm thinking two radiators but I only have the existing flow and returns to use as the floor is tiled, will the flow/return cope with this?

Any ideas or suggestions welcome

Thanks

Sam

Only a suggestion but I bet there's not enough in the budget ... fit an Aga or Rayburn!!

column rads dont give of a lot of heat i had someone insisting on them these were 500 wide and 5ft high there was 2 they got warm but that was only in a room 20 ft by 8ft what size pipe you using 10mm or 15mm is that metres or foot for your room size plus depends how far the boiler is away from the rad other rads could be getting the heat first especally if ye on 10mm

Last edited by a moderator:
That room size is in metres! Not sure many of us could fit a 4ft column radiator in a room that's 2.45 feet high - not vertically at any rate!!!

:p

(It's easy to mis-read something on a computer screen - much easier to see in real life - but I just couldn't resist the above bit!!! - sowwy!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Seems to me that if you're questioning the...
Replies
Views
B
Replacing old single panel radiators with the...
Replies
Views
diamondgas
D
Back