Understanding my radiator system | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Understanding my radiator system in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Good morning everyone. I hope somebody out there can help. I moved into a house last week with gas fired microbore central heating through radiators. When I switched the heating on the upstairs rads warmed up but not the downstairs. I eventually discovered that the lock valve on the downstairs rad nearest the boiler was fully closed. When I opened it all the downstairs rads warmed up. Why would that be please?

Any chance of a picture of the valve you opened ?

Attachments

• 16210153764953995918288014808496.jpg
    16210153764953995918288014808496.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 35
You opened that single valve and all the downstairs rads worked ?

i can see where your going but on a one pipe system you t off under floor to rad, and feed back in from the other side, so the main run still runs on,

i can see where your going but on a one pipe system you t off under floor to rad, and feed back in from the other side, so the main run still runs on,

You say that but we used to have a customer in a static caravan with a primatic cylinder and a one pipe system. The first radiator had no common link, so all flow for the rest of the rads only come through the bathroom radiator, needless to say the bathroom was like an oven, that is ofcourse until I repiped it.

Similar plumbing topics

1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
If you are paranoid, refill, circulate and...
Replies
Views
Ah, I see so the flow is on one side, and the...
Replies
Views
G
Could be one of a number. Need to know what...
Replies
Views
Back