Understanding our central heating system | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Understanding our central heating system in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noviomagus

Dear All,

First post from a non technical person, in fact, second post as I managed somehow to lose the first !

We live in new build ie 2015 4 bed detached house.

The issue we have is about the central heating system and in particular the arrangements on the first floor.

At ground floor there is a Danfoss TP5000 thermostat controller in the hall and we can just about understand that.

At first floor, that is to say located in the en suite bedroom we occupy is the controller is a Danfoss TP 9000 plus a Danfoss TS 2 sensor. This is on the wall next to the cupboard in which the hot water cylinder is located.

The radiator in that bedroom is of the fixed type ie it does not have a thermostatic control.

We just think that both the TP 9000 and TS 2 are located in the wrong place and they should be actually on the first floor hallway (but obviously away from the fixed radiator there). We also think that the en suite radiator should be a thermostatically controlled one under those circumstances. Also that the kit is wrong because with 'us' in the room plus a telly, bedside light etc the temperature is going to rise a little and affect the temperature controller.

The TS 2 fitting instructions say do not situate in direct sunlight, the bedroom is south facing thus, unless I am going to have to keep the curtains pulled all the time, we are going to get afternoon sun.

The issue is that although the TP 9000 shows the alleged actual temperature, last night it showed 20.5 C and it always feels ruddy cold. Also last night, although the actual temp in the room was showing at 18 C when we came in we had set the programmer temp for 19.5 C but the red 'on' light showing the heating working was not on.....I assure you we have set things up on auto to cover both heating and water.

The response from the builders predictably is about just following what was on the plans but as they managed to wire things up so that the upper control worked the lower one and vice versa, I welcome having a discussion on this forum of experts about the location of the TP9000 and TS 2.

Our extent of plumbing knowledge is limited to getting water from the tap but why on earth these things have to be so ruddy complicated nowadays is beyond us, even though the Danfoss leaflet gives it a crystal mark for plain English trying to understand what, for our purposes are so many necessary additional functions, has become a bit frustrating.

Apologies if any of this seems daft to you knowledgeable types !

Have you spoke to the plumbers that fitted the system ? My son bought a new build house and has had several issues with the heating system not working , banging going on in system amongst other things, first you need to take I up with installer and tell them your not happy with how system is performing, and location of controls, Have a word with Danfoss and ask what they think,

Thanks, good call, that was going to be the next step pending advice and guidance from this forum.

The TS9000 is upstairs as this controls the hot water system, TS 5000 is heating only, so no problem with that being on ground floor, as for temp on the 9000 make sure that it is not in service mode as this will reduce heating temp

jtsplumbing again, thanks for that helpful tip now we understand why there are 3 types of TP, presumably somewhere in the TP 9000 handbook I will find the answer to service mode, it will be bedtime reading with a difference.

On another point I have just had a look at the one sheet of A4 Danfoss instructions to install the Ts 2 - from their website, not only does it say don't install it in direct sunlight but there is a picture of how not to and from what I can make out it show that an inappropriate place to fit is by a door, which is precisely what they have done, so off to the installers we go. I'llk post 'what happens next'........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Its a Combi. Its a Worcester Bosch Greenstar...
Replies
Views
D
Sounds like you need somebody competent to...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
That's a fair better idea or costly mistakes...
Replies
Views
Back