Unflushable Toilet help | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unflushable Toilet help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeffrey Cumpsty

Can someone please suggest my next course of action...

I have an upstairs toilet that will not flush. When flushed the bowl fills to the top, the water can be heard trickling down the pipes, and the level slowly drops to normal.

A downstairs toilet flushes fine.

I have tried a snake down the blocked toilet and encountered no blockage.

The upstairs toilet is at the top of the wasste stack. The waste stack is inside the house and has an Air Admitance Valve fitted. Replacing this with an outside vent is not an option. I have tried unscrewing the cap off the valve and it made no difference. Could this have anything to do with it?

I also removed the pipes from the back of the toilet, and checked manually for blockage in the 4" waste pipe. There is none.

any ideas?

there is a blockage in the pan itself. do you have access to a set of drain rods? you need one rod with a plunger screw on the end to plunge the pan with.

Thanks for the reply. THere is no blockage in the pan. I drained the pan and removed the 4"/6" pipe from the back of the pan. I could clearly see it was clear.

There is also no blockage in the waste itself because the downstairs toilet flushes fine.

Is it a syphonic pan? If so it could be the asperator that's gone.

THe cistern is a Dudley Vantage. From looking at the dudley page i dont (think) this is syphonic. It is about 5 years old.

Where abouts are you? Have you tried plunging with a set of drain rods as this may help shift any blockage.

When the toilet was functioning did it flush like a normal toilet or was the waste sucked out?

I'm with resolute, does it look like there is two traps on the pan ? can you take a photo for us?

As johnmcginty says, a photo or two of the pan (side on) and we'll be able to let you know if it's a syphonic pan or not as it does sound like a worn/damaged asperator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Something stuck in the pan connector or soil...
Replies
Views
Thank you mate, really appreciated that. I...
Replies
Views
C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Back