Unidentified pipe | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unidentified pipe in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I need some help identifying a pipe in my boiler system. I have a 30 year old Weil MacClain boiler system (2 actually, as this is a duplex). I have a pipe that extends into the ceiling of my basement and presumably runs up to the upper unit somewhere. The other end of the pipe heads across the ceiling to an area near my basement floor drain where the pipe is open (uncapped). I cannot detect any liquid coming out of it (but it's summer). There is another pipe that T's down to another pipe that leads to the main boiler pipes in the lower unit. I might have assumed it was my condensate pipe but shouldn't there be two (one for each boiler)? If it is the condensate pipe, shouldn't it drain to the outside? I'd like to demo out or re-route this to remodel my laundry. Any idea what this is?

I'm not sure you can tell much from the pics. but here are both ends that I can see.

Attachments

• Pipe by drain_LI (2).jpg
    Pipe by drain_LI (2).jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Pipe going into ceiling_LI.jpg
    Pipe going into ceiling_LI.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 29
It’s an overflow for a tank or system

Similar plumbing topics

Soak away needs fitting properly can use one...
Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
done, but let's assume you didn't see that...
Replies
Views
Yes a flush will do the pipe work , just a...
Replies
Views
Back