Unstable Rak toilet pan fitting | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unstable Rak toilet pan fitting in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newreno

I've just installed a Rak toilet pan but am having problems securing it.

I've tightened the two nylon brackets to the floor and fitted the pan on top, tightening up the pan's two side-mounted screws. The side-mounted screws are tight, but I'm reluctant to tighten them further incase they cause damage to the pan.

The pan rocks slightly in all directions, but the real problem is that it's possible to lift the front of the pan about 3/8 of an inch off the floor. I've tried using packing, but I'm reluctant to pack so big a gap and feel that there must be something else wrong. The floor is reasonably level.

Do I need to tighten those side-mounting screws further? Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Get hold of sone white wedges, wedge the pan level (cut the wedges just inside the line where pan meets floor) use some CT1 to fill gap and secure pan.... it wont move (trust me

Sounds like you've put the side fixing screws too high up in the nylon brackets.

They should have multiple holes, try and get the screws in lower.

AND if needed put wedges under, as above post

make sure the pan is level and if necessary use some wedges then screw in using lower holes in the plastic bracket as snowhead said.

Maybe check to see if the base of the pan is moulded correctly… iv had pot before that is all over the place. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
Bit late to the party but I don't like the...
Replies
Views
Yes, use plastic shims to get the pan stable -...
Replies
Views
Thank you so much - really appreciate the...
Replies
Views
Back