Unused Stopcock Valve Crusty | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unused Stopcock Valve Crusty in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi Folks,

Over the weekend, my wife insisted that I cleared out a junk cupboard in our utility room, in doing so I discovered a stopcock (that we have never used) had a load of crust around it. It looks to me that at some stage it probably leaked and sealed itself. I've never used it as it's not the main stopcock but rather appears to be an isolator for the extension built ~14 years ago. We moved in over 4 years ago and have never touched it and probably won't have a reason to. However, given it's state, I presume that it would be worthwhile getting a plumber to swap it out?

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• IMG_2748.jpg
    IMG_2748.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 38
Tbh stop tap is more than good enough better than an iso valve tbh just wants cleaning up and nipping up the gland

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Understood, many thanks for the help folks!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Any pictures of the cylinder install ? The...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Only way to find out as above mcalpine make...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, both. Good tips. Will give them a go.
Replies
Views
Back