unvented 400L | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss unvented 400L in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
if you had to install one of this Unvented cylinders 400L

what would you install ??

Would you go for 30kw system or 40kw heat only ?

job is at first stage where is boiler and system upgrade from ideal mexico to sealed system ! later there will be 5 bathrooms !
how do you calculate coil rating and recovery times ?

I recommended 300L twin coil solar capable cylinder with 30 CDI WB, met customer today he is after 400 L cylinder

good idea but space is limited as they going to build a external boiler room for this purpose

Get in touch with the manufacturer,they'll be able to give you all the figures. I would guess you will be fitting secondary circulation on a system that size too.

I had to go 2 cylinders recently. First phase was 150l for the converted stables 1 bathroom, kitchen, utility and cloakroom. Secomd phase 250l 2 ensuites, master bathroom and cloakroom, over spec but phase 2 is for b & b and def didn't want to run short.

5 bathrooms between 5 people I'd be happy with a 300l cylinder, most cylinders will recover 75% of volume within 20 minutes.

Yes there will be secondary return and graundfos pump , on second stage of job , as for now customer wants just new boiler and cylinder install and connect to existing hot supply ! Going to upgrade mains to 25 MDPE and new gas as gas meter is getting relocated out side building !

I had to go 2 cylinders recently. First phase was 150l for the converted stables 1 bathroom, kitchen, utility and cloakroom. Secomd phase 250l 2 ensuites, master bathroom and cloakroom, over spec but phase 2 is for b & b and def didn't want to run short.

5 bathrooms between 5 people I'd be happy with a 300l cylinder, most cylinders will recover 75% of volume within 20 minutes.

that is what I told them 300L but twin coil and will recover even quicker but they are willing to go large as £ is not an issue for them ,just hope all customers were like them :)

just to bring this up as is hot area for my next quote ! any one of you installed single 400L twin coil solar capable cylinder ???
if so please have your thoughts about it ,or i will go and fill it up with some Dihydrogen Monoxide

you'll be sorry if you use that Dihydrogen Monoxide, you know how dangerous it is stan.

it probably will take hours removing it after :):):) that man early on was a one of a kind ,wasn't he !!!

i thought mr underfloor heating was a one off, but there are obviously more of them out there. i wonder what the next one will want ?

just to bring this up as is hot area for my next quote ! any one of you installed single 400L twin coil solar capable cylinder ???
if so please have your thoughts about it ,or i will go and fill it up with some Dihydrogen Monoxide

Ive never fitted a 400L cylinder, but have fitted 500L twin coil tanks, also fitted 500L tank in tanks theyre fun the bottom half of the tank is buffer tank and the top half is DHW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Did you find a plumber. I have the same problem?
Replies
Views
P
Hi All, I have recently changed heating...
Replies
Views
Peter M
P
Morning All, I have 1800’s farm house 3...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the information mate, ill look into...
Replies
Views
Back