Unvented cylinder parts needed? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented cylinder parts needed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkgap

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I'm looking at specifying a 300 ltr unvented cylinder for a house extension. Due to incoming water pressure problems they are putting a storage tank in the roof with a variable speed boost pumpset to feed the cylinder and cold water to the bathrooms. The cylinder schematics show the usual 3Bar pressure reducing valve & an 8 Bar relief valve on the cold feed as well as the T&P valve on the cylinder.
Do I need to include the PRV (& possibly the relief valve)? Pressure control will be handled by the booster set which seems to have cutouts up the yingyang and will be set at 2.5Bar.

Cylinder should come with t and p relief already fitted, and combination inlet set to fit yourself

All relevant safety fittings come as a package with the cylinder and should all be fitted. Bit of a worrying post.

all safety devices that are supplied with an unvented cylinder must be used. can you confirm that you hold the relevent qualifications to fit unvented cylinders correctly?

all safety devices that are supplied with an unvented cylinder must be used. can you confirm that you hold the relevent qualifications to fit unvented cylinders correctly?

What? Get my 'ands dirty?? :smilewinkgrin:
The issue was whether the supplied PRV is needed as it appears to be made redundant by the use of the boost set to control the pressure. Also trying to anticipate the client asking why all the bits are needed.

The unvented is sold as a package and all supplied parts must be used to comply with it's BRE certification. The other components haven't been tested as part of the package so cannot be used as a substitute for them.

What? Get my 'ands dirty?? :smilewinkgrin:
The issue was whether the supplied PRV is needed as it appears to be made redundant by the use of the boost set to control the pressure. Also trying to anticipate the client asking why all the bits are needed.

so when the boost set goes wrong and carries on pumping!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hip bones connected to the elbow, the elbows connected to the ear lobe the ear lobes connected to the shin bone the shin bones connected to the .... nah don't need that bit anyway.

Its there for a reason my friend and fit it you must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Replies
Views
Look at a Viessman 222 10 year manufacturers...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Photos of the cylinder which is located in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Plate load it then and use the 500l cylinder...
Replies
Views
Back