Unvented cylinder pressure - but boiler now loosing pressure | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented cylinder pressure - but boiler now loosing pressure in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mark7979

Hi.

My unvented cylinder was recently replaced with a Santon Premier Plus Cylinder. This was done by a plumber qualified for the job. He also fitted a magafilter and flushed the system clear + filled inhibiter.

The problem is that the boiler (Voykera Mynite 28e) is now loosing pressure over the course of the week and needs to be filled weekly.

The plumber has checked all radiators etc. and cannot find any leak or cause. This plumber is quite new at the job and has only had a few months of working experience after qualifying - is he missing something?? How can the change of cylinder cause this problem? The boiler didn't loose pressure for years and now after the fitting it suddenly is - there must be a connection!!??

Could the boiler have been affected or strained due to the flushing (it was making a noise when running after the flush)?

What is the likely cause - any help greatly appreciated.

You'd notice a leak of that size

Have him to check your expansion vessel. After having a system with that much filling and draining, my bet would be that the diaphragm has split

If he's unsure how to check it. Here's how

Press the schrader valve on expansion vessel on boiler( not cylinder)
If you get water. It's broken. Replace
If you get air. Get a tyre pressure gauge and check pressure

But keep your eyes peeled for a leak also!

Check there is no water going through the tundish when the boiler heats up after filling the primaries to usual pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Look at a Viessman 222 10 year manufacturers...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
I use a bit of foam to hold it in place, then...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to...
Replies
Views
Back