Unvented direct hot water cylinder | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented direct hot water cylinder in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

J

JohnJeff

I have got an Albion 210 Ltr unvented hot water cylinder and the electrician seems confused about wiring it.
There are two 3Kw Elements, one nearer the top. The House has a split Tarif meter so there is cheap night time electricity. Any advice welcome

Tell your sparky to give Albion a call they will advise him the best wiring layout,ps the 2 port diverter valve that came with the cylinder needs to be wired back to the overheat stat hope this helps.

Tell your sparky to give Albion a call they will advise him the best wiring layout,ps the 2 port diverter valve that came with the cylinder needs to be wired back to the overheat stat hope this helps.

210 litre with two immersions, twin supplied board, my monies on a direct cylinder. :)

Especially as its in the title :) :) :) :)

Last edited:
Thanks. But there are not two seperate electricity supplies, one consumer unit and two metres. The meter just switches to night time counter at night so the actual electricity supply is always the same.

Thanks. But there are not two seperate electricity supplies, one consumer unit and two metres. The meter just switches to night time counter at night so the actual electricity supply is always the same.

More of an ewlectricians question then. Have a look at the electrical forum, link at top of the page. Good luck.

It needs controlled by an Economy 7 timer like this one
[DLMURL]http://www.horstmann.co.uk/downloads/ElectronicDocuments/Electric-Water-Heating/E7Q-UserGuide.PDF[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
A better link showing how it is wired
[DLMURL]http://www.horstmann.co.uk/downloads/ElectronicDocuments/Electric-Water-Heating/E7Q-InstallationInstructions.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically its a Change over switch that chooses which heater gets the power depending on the time ,

and hopefully only does the top-up boost when you press the button .

Economy 10 has some day time ! Just to confuse !

Similar plumbing topics

E
  • Question
Hi, I've got an unvented hot water cylinder...
Replies
Views
Elliott
E
  • Question
Thanks, I'll insulate it then. Would the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Has anyone fit the hot water cylinders with a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning, he took it out from where it was...
Replies
Views
Back