Unvented discharge pipe. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented discharge pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A customer of mine has asked me to fit an unvented cylinder, I am not qualified so she will need to get somebody who is to fit it. However I was checking where all the pipes could be run and I have a question about the termination of the discharge pipe. She wants the cylinder fitted in an old stable conversion, this has been converted in to 2 holiday cottages with a common entrance foyer. The entrance foyer is still as it was with stone flags on the floor and in the corner is a trapped gully. The grate on this gully is about 100mm below floor level and the water level about 100mm below that, it was obviously used when the stables were in use. Could this gully be used for the discharge pipe? I have checked the G3 regulations and nowhere does it say a trapped gully has to be outside. It would be a better place to terminate it as the only other alternative is to the front of the old stone building where it would have to terminate above the ground and have a wire cage over the end. This would spoil the ascetics of the building.

Would think this would be fine if the gulley was covered. But I have never done one to an inside gulley. Why not do the unvented ticket? Not a big deal.

I plan to do the ticket when I get the time and a suitable location. In fact if anybody knows anywhere that does the course near to Stamford or within reasonable travelling distance I would be interested.

Probably one of the easiest things to pass & will mean you can add "Unvented hot water systems" to your list for advertising.
Was thinking a phone call to the local building authority would advise if inside gulley was acceptable for discharge.

Sounds OK. Try 1st Training in Huntingdon for your Unvented, they are very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
  • Question
Nice spot exedon2! Eagle eyes. OP - yes your...
Replies
Views
The push fit pipe sold in B&Q, Tool station...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the update
Replies
Views
J
Soil pipe is 110mm in uk, geberit etc do make...
Replies
Views
  • Question
They are guidelines and advice for pipe sizes...
Replies
Views
Back