Unvented Expansion Vessel Keeps Failing | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented Expansion Vessel Keeps Failing in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephenr

I have a RM Stelflow 210 indirect unvented cylinder. Over the years it's been in, the expansion vessel has failed on 3 occasions. Any ideas what could be causing this?

cheers,

Stephen

What do you mean by failed? Did it have to be replaced each time, or just serviced?
You have to have the unit serviced yearly and that should ensure the expansion vessel is working. Also the e.v. needs replaced every 5 or so years if you want it to remain reliable.
Can't really give advice on unvented units on open forum as they legally can only be serviced or installed by G3 qualified person.

Last edited:
as above when was it last check / serviced, as could be a few things

also need to be G3 to work / service unvented cylinders :)

I'd say either the control valve / pressure reducing valve is faulty or the expansion vessel is too small, it could also be an incorrectly installed system.

You are right to assume something is a miss, the vessel should not fail so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
R
thanks mate.
Replies
Views
rahul sood
R
Vaillant for me but Gledhill are good...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
Back