Unvented Hot water Cylinder query | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented Hot water Cylinder query in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

J

JPC

Hoping someone can answer my query - new to this forum.

Currently quoting for an unvented cylinder. No central heating in house at present - to be installed at a future date. Any problems with fitting an indirect cylinder with the central heating to be connected at a later date?
would appreciate your thoughts.

No problem at all. The unused coil or coils can be left open.
Just make sure you get the correct size & type for anything later - solar will need a solar type.

Cheers for that - could not think of a problem if I left it open , but never done it before. Thanks.
I left a cylinder finished but with a unconnected coil on a Friday. The owner & his family didn't use immersion, so no hot water all weekend, because they saw the " open pipes " so thought cylinder was empty! Best to tell customer! :grin:

I got called out to a immersion change on a direct cylinder , some one had fitted a indirect cylinder instead,, the whole building was electric , no gas . Waste of a coil

I got called out to a immersion change on a direct cylinder , some one had fitted a indirect cylinder instead,, the whole building was electric , no gas . Waste of a coil

Strange as this might seem, but sometimes a direct cylinder was dearer, or similar to price of an identical indirect! Excuse was that indirects are mass produced!
So you got a lot more copper. If any chance of the coil being needed for later, then an indirect might as well be fitted.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello all I'm replacing 2 unvented cylinder a...
Replies
Views
E
  • Question
Hi, I've got an unvented hot water cylinder...
Replies
Views
Elliott
E
  • Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning, he took it out from where it was...
Replies
Views
Back