Unvented Hot Water Cylinder | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented Hot Water Cylinder in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

L

LCV

Hi,

Which unvented hot water cylinder would you regard to be the best?

If I had an unvented hot water cylinder would I still need to have a separate mains water booster? My house is 10 years old and I live on a new street.

Thanks!

You would need your incoming mains water pressure & flow rates tested first. You would need preferably at least 3bar pressure & 25 litre/min flow. Depends also on size of your house - how many bathrooms etc. Hopefully because your house is fairly new, it will have a 25mm incoming pipe.
Your mains pipework going to the unvented unit needs to be 22mm.
Everyone has their own preferred make of cylinder. A Megaflow is very expensive & other brands can be half the price. MegaFlow has an internal air gap for expansion which will need replenished & that can be done by anyone. Most others have a seperate expansion vessel which requires checked every year by a G3 qualified person in the yearly service.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
E
  • Question
Hi, I've got an unvented hot water cylinder...
Replies
Views
Elliott
E
  • Question
How did you get on with this matey?
Replies
Views
  • Question
The capacity of any EV should be what it says...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Back