Unvented prv discharging | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented prv discharging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi everyone I am Bpec part g qualified but have not had much hands on experience and have a job where the customers pressure relief valve is discharging at more than a trickle and just would like to verify my ideas on the job with more experienced unvented engineers before replacing anything. I did not install system or carry out any work on this customers system before and the first time I looked at it was today.

job background:
prv is discharging quite a bit, water is cold. I checked the expansion vessel and this has no charge so re-charged to specified bar. But prv still discharging, I then checked vessel pressure again to see if it had lost its charge but it hadn't, so leads me to think the vessel is ok? Only other thing is I got a small/fine spray of water on first couple I pumps when pumping up vessel, it stopped for the rest of filling, is this right or does this indicate that there may be pin hole in diaphragm? I need to check pressure after pressure reducing valve but only have gauge that attaches to taps with rubber and jubilee clips, I was thinking of either putting gauge on d2 with all taps closed and allowing d2 to fill as there is not tundish on d2 and test pressure this way or capping d2 just for test to stop loss Of pressure through discharge and put gauge on hot tap, would either of these ways give me a accurate pressure reading? Obviously if pressure above 3bar then pressure reducing valve will be replaced if not then pressure relief will be replaced.

I have tried to give as much detail as I can but feel free to ask more questions, like I said I have the qualification but as we all know passing a test and doing it in real world is a lot different and I don't know any other unvented engineers to call upon their knowledge.
Sorry for the essay and any spelling mistakes

All help appreciated, thanks everyone

I forgot to mention I will be recommending to the customer that a Tundish be installed incase d2 becomes blocked

if pressure downstream is fine, then check if EV and PRV are correctly sized, if yes then you are changing the EV on your next visit.

GSR? I have my BPEC unvented card if thanks what you mean? I have solved this problem,I. Checked expansion vessel and filled, problem continued and customer wanted it fixed ASAP as was worried as she had been on YouTube and google. So I was able to get new composite valve next day and changed whole thing. Explained I could get just PRV but would take bit longer to track down and she just wanted it done quickly no matter the price. I did invest in REGK30 after struggling for 20mins with hand pump that kept blowing off the hose adapters. Bit pricey but only took 2mins instead of 20 and didn't break a sweat. But I did also double check it was all sized correctly. I have c couple of questions about unvented that I wanted to discuss, where can I. Do this croppie?

Thanks for replies everyone

Mmmm. We don't really have anywhere at present PK.

You're not gsr as you say so can't go in the gsr private forum. If you get a 100 posts under your belt I'd be happy for this to be discussed in the arms.

I must chase up about a uv sub forum!

Yeah think unvented forum is needed and also maybe a renewables energy forum for solar and ground source pumps may be worth considering in the future maybe?

Yeah I was intending to try and get my posts up to get in the arms, see supplies sometimes give away samples in there.

Croppie predictive text doesn't agree with your name, would of replaced the I with a if I hadn't of checked haha

thanks for prompt reply and will look forward to unvented forum thanks for all your help

I too have been ripped of by Regin, paid almost 60 quid for 10 meters of rubber hose :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Please let us know what it turned out to be!
Replies
Views
  • Question
As Shaun said cold backfeeding through mixer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning, he took it out from where it was...
Replies
Views
if when you have run the c/heating then its...
Replies
Views
Back