Unvented questions | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

Working on a club has no hot water for past few months manager had me look in the back. Go into the celler is a really old system boiler and a unmarked unvented cylinder in the celler which is like 9oc all day and night other than it being a stupid place if its lagged properly and pipework lagged properly can you see there being a problem of i installed new one in the same position ? What you lads think ?

Assuming you're replaceing both then its just if the flueing is viable and having a pump for the condensate and pressure relief unless there is a drain in the cellar.

p.s i hope you have a wet vac ;)

Yer there is drains in celler ! And would never waste time with a wet vac in a celler ! Think im gonna build a stud wall kingspan and insulate it make a seperate room for the equipement !

Lucky! I had to drain out 2 cylinders out with no drain...had to bucket it

If you're doing a stud wall it might pay to put in a false floor with kingspan under it too.
Give the owner a few options for quotes like a big combi with a bypass to the cylinder hot incase the cylinders unusable, offer two cylinders aswell, they might go for it.

Although personally i would want to do a heat only boiler so i could keep the pump +prv outside the boiler for ease of changing.

Yer im gonna ! Its just the fact the room is so cold ! I wouldnt want frost stat foring up perm ! Etc ! And dont wanna risk freezing pipes or freezing cylinder !

Yer i plan on it ! With trace kit i needed ! Just dont want unveneted to freeze ! It will be constantly heating up againest a room that if being permantly cooled down !

Freezing is highly unlikely but stick a frost stat (and pipe stat) on anyway.

Could put a small rad in too ;) keep the temp up :)
You don't want to be doing that if there is beer in there. The temp will stay pretty stable. Chillers give of heat too. This is presuming it is a licenced club and not a rugby club or strip club or something

It is a licensed club ! Just wonder what i hadnt thought of to look out for or to doo ! In my head i just thought would it burn out immersions if they would be constantly on in affect ? Incase they go the direct root !

Who cares! It burns out they pay for another one. Put it on a timer if it turns you on. Another couple of quid to you and saves them money too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for the confirmation. Having watched...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could be debris in the loft shower inlet filters
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
Brilliant, thanks for that info, will be very...
Replies
Views
Novice needs help
N
Back