Unvented service/maint checklist | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented service/maint checklist in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWheating

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
anybody got a unvented checklist/ cert that they have made i can have a copy of? otherwise ill have to mek one myself on a spread shee which is gunna pizz me off cus drinking vodka and i cant spewl good when im not dunk.

anybody got a unvented checklist/ cert that they have made i can have a copy of? otherwise ill have to mek one myself on a spread shee which is gunna pizz me off cus drinking vodka and i cant spewl good when im not dunk.

You've trained someone?? God help us :)

mind you, he must be in his sixties now, so he'll be retired soon :)

you cheecky git :)

i had my first apprentice when i was 19, had quite a few working at my old firm, all but one turned into a good fitter. The one that did not do well is under my patio, they get more annoying the older you get.

im still down wiv da kids tho, ive got a hoodie, i listen to house music, im cool??

you cheecky git :)

i had my first apprentice when i was 19, had quite a few working at my old firm, all but one turned into a good fitter. The one that did not do well is under my patio, they get more annoying the older you get.

im still down wiv da kids tho, ive got a hoodie, i listen to house music, im cool??

But do you shop at all saints? That's what separates the cool from the coolest :)

I'm also a cool cat

Never heard of All saints tho, are they a bit like matalan because they rock.

I'm also a cool cat

Never heard of All saints tho, are they a bit like matalan because they rock.

my mate sid was in charge of socks at my local matalan. His nickname is still Matalan Sid, hes one of my home boyz. I could get some good deals on wilson sports socks back in the day.

my mate sid was in charge of socks at my local matalan. His nickname is still Matalan Sid, hes one of my home boyz. I could get some good deals on wilson sports socks back in the day.

tesco socks for me, I have loads of them if one gets a hole I keep it until another gets a hole and I have a pair again.

did I mention I was cool...

i used to buy old lacoste cloths from the bham rag market and cut the crock off and glue it onto my plain tops and tell everyone at school i had a job working as a lacoste clothes tester.

i know i was cool............. sorry i am cool. :)

oh btw this thread is seriously about an unvented checklist, please somebody help :)

Last edited:
Tprv
Prv
Strip and clean multi
Check for leaks
Assess D1 and D2
2 port and controls
Expansion pressure
Blending valve
Secondary circ
Immersion
Re set bubble if she's a bubble top.

I Have 52 pairs of the plumb center thermal ones . One for each week!

Tprv
Prv
Strip and clean multi
Check for leaks
Assess D1 and D2
2 port and controls
Expansion pressure
Blending valve
Secondary circ
Immersion
Re set bubble if she's a bubble top.

I Have 52 pairs of the plumb center thermal ones . One for each week!

i wanted a document :(

looks like ill have to copy the corgi cert pad to save brain power lol.

In regards to servicing and maintaining unvented systems.....
I've recently approached a company that have approx 1000-2000 unvented systems. They didn't get back to me.
Basically whats the legalities of them because they have maintentance men who don't have g3 and id say most arent even plumbers. They maintain the systems, change valves, vessels, cylinders, repair leaks, the lot.
Where do they stand with this. The company has been going for a good ten years and they've never had to do anything in the past so why should they fork out to have it done now. After all, its not 'illegal' in the same way as gas. I need another angle, another way of approaching them so they may consider it. Only way is if their insurance company told them to get it sorted, which after ten years isn't going to happen.
Any wise suggestions please

You trying to get your foot in door tom? I wouldn't bother. Report them to building control.

I'm trying to get fully in the door. As it is they get me in to do out of hours work, normally the odd cylinder change.
I used to get regular work for the building in my area as the old maintenance bloke didn't want to know about the plumbing but their new one does everything

Just find a few court reports of HSE notices about fines and deaths on g3 leave in with your next invoice

Most insurance policy's require services like plumbing and electrics to be maintained to an appropriate standard. So if you have a electrical fire and had not have a inspection in the last 10 years it could stop any claim. I would imagine even more important for flats.

i use the corgi pad adam.
you could probably get a local printer to knock you up a triplicate form for similar money though. but even the corgi one isnt exactly gonna break the bank

Pretty sure it's the same situation as oil, required to install and be able to self certify the install but no requirement to maintain or work on. It's not enforceable and unless something goes wrong no one cares.

I've made one myself now, with the help of a few members giving good advise/examples. It took me a couple of hours but I'm pleased with the results. It is not worth my while buying a pad as I very rarely get asked to service them when I do a landlord cert. also the Cert's I've seen are filled with pointless sections like measuring and calculating the discharge run.

Pretty sure it's the same situation as oil, required to install and be able to self certify the install but no requirement to maintain or work on. It's not enforceable and unless something goes wrong no one cares.

Most manufacturers require annual safety inspection.
Says so in their literature.
I took pics of mi's showed to lettings agency, explained that if the landlords didnt spring for the service and a leak damaged tenants gear then a claim would likely result. They sent letters out to landlords with uv's.
I now service check and certify twenty odd cylindrrs at 70 quid a pop

But you've played on the insurance aspect to tight landlords who sow their pockets closed to stop anything coming out of them, we are talking from a legal perspective. There is no requirement as far as I am aware that prevents an unqualified person working or maintaining an unvented cylinder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Any pictures of the cylinder install ? The...
Replies
Views
Assuming cold water relief valve still...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise...
Replies
Views
Back