Unvented System, Caleffi Pressure Relief Valve Issue? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented System, Caleffi Pressure Relief Valve Issue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have an unvented system and in the cupboard where the hot water cylinder is there is a mains pressure cold water feed, this goes through a 3bar cold water control valve / 6bar PRV combo before going into the hot water cylinder (see pic 1 & 2).

Pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.jpg

The relief side of the PRV is dripping (almost a steady stream) into the tun dish at the back bottom corner.

I had this same issue in August and replaced the PRV for a new one and it solved the issue. However, it is back.

The PRV shouldn't fail in 4 months should it?

Could there be another underlying problem in that the PRV is actually working correctly and that it is relieving high pressure?

The cold water control valve is a 3 bar unit and as such should restrict the downstream pressure to 3 bar correct? Do these control valves ever have reliability issues?

Mains water pressure is approx 5 bar.

Look forward to some advice :)

T.

Hi Tom
Do you possess a Part G ticket sometimes call un-vented ticket ?

I know you don't because if you did you would not be asking, unfortunately to work on these system you must have had the training & assessment to do the work safely.

So we regret that we can not provide information that would encourage you to break the Law & put you & yours in danger.

You need to call a plumber & please ask to see their current card for the Part G.

Last edited:
It is illegal to work on unvented units without qualification, so you need to get a G3 qualified person to fix the unit. It is supposed to be serviced once every year for safety and to keep the long warranty and also to keep the unit working fully

easy fix but unless your qualified cant give advise sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes, I have this as well. I called a plumber...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
  • Question
I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If the 'TPR' valve you usually turn to...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
Back