Unvented water boiler . Expansion vessel | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented water boiler . Expansion vessel in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Accord

I have an Expansion Vessel which has corroded it is an 18ltr Potable . Connected to a Tribune Premier TP150E Cylinder.
Have obtained a replacement vessel which comes with a pre charge pressure of 3.5 bar the same as the faulty vessels lable.
Looking on the forum it seems that opinion varys between installing as it comes (3.5 bar) 1/2 bar out , Down to fitting it with only .75 bar.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ? .

You need to have an unvented qualification to work on unvented systems

Well thanks for that very helpful ! and me thinking this was a friendly forum . Other questions about unvented systems have been answered , But not by you obviously

This site is very helpful for qualified plumbers, for members who are qualified to work on unvented systems ect. I say fairplay to ecowarm.

I don't think there's anything unfriendly about the reply you've had - just seems you don't
like it .

There was no mallice implied or intended in my reply, and I am sorry if you found it unfriendly.

Why don't they start a new forum

" unqualified but prepared to risk my family's lives to save £30"

I'm sure we'll get loads of posts

It takes the biscuit, do you alway get people on here who are not qualified ask how to do.

There are an awful lot of questions on here from diy and from pretty well experianced tradesmen . but not all with certificates thats for sure.
A lot of people get advice isnt that what this is . If its just for people with the certificates why allow anyone to join and post ?
I am a fully qualified electrician , with ALL The certificates , Plumbers occasionaly get involved with wiring , and I am willing to gamble most are not even part p !
However , as a fully qualified tradesman I would prefer to try to help in some way thus possibly prevent an accident if somone asked .

My apologies for posting on this site . I didnt realise it was only for certificated plumbers.

Sorry my mistake.

As to getting a Plumbing cert . well yes good idea , Just one thing, do you do any minor electrical works and apart from very basic electrical knowledge gained on the plumbing coures. If so then best advice Ican give is get an Electrical Qualification

On the electrical forum we try to help the diy ers we find its probably better that way and safer.

Sorry forgot to add that the inferance that I would put my family at risk for £30.00 is not worthy of reply.
However are saying you will fit this vessel (and its just a swap) For £30.00 , if so let me know when you available the jobs yours.

If someone came on he asking how to fit a bathroom suite or a kitchen sink we would help, but when it comes to things like boilers and unvented systems, things that could do some serious damage you would be advised to call a plumber. Sorry but safety first

My apologies for posting on this site . I didnt realise it was only for certificated plumbers.

Sorry my mistake.

As to getting a Plumbing cert . well yes good idea , Just one thing, do you do any minor electrical works and apart from very basic electrical knowledge gained on the plumbing coures. If so then best advice Ican give is get an Electrical Qualification

On the electrical forum we try to help the diy ers we find its probably better that way and safer.

This is getting into bit of a slagging match, on the forums plumbing and electrical you can not give advice to someone not qualified with regards to a safety device being compromised. I suggest this thread is closed.

Well thats not strictly true is it , all throughout this and the Electrical Forum there are questions posed by professionals and amatuers about Boilers, Expansion vessels , Consumer Unit changes, What size cable etc etc. All potentially a risk if not done correctly.
Fortunatly there are people who will try to help a fellow tradesman even if his trade is not theres. better that than letting them carry on .
Anyhow I agree the thread should close. Its getting nowhere,

If you don't know the physics associated with unvented then you should not be even thinking about laying a finger on them......qualified or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
ah i see what you mean, just need something...
Replies
Views
I suppose shouldn't be too surprised as water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Please let us know what it turned out to be!
Replies
Views
Back