Unvented Water Cylinder - any recommendations | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Unvented Water Cylinder - any recommendations in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

J

jh7

Hi,
I need to replace my Pulsacoil 2000 Water cylinder. (which has been very problematic over the past few years!)

Can anyone recommend a reliable uncomplicated unvented Water Cylinder to replace it with?

Hot water is required for one bathroom/kitchen in a flat using economy 10 electricity.

I have been looking at the 145i Megaflo Eco Unvented Hot Water Cylinder as a possible.
Not sure if this would be a good option or what other brands would be good?
Any advise would be appreciated!
Thank you

Hi,
I need to replace my Pulsacoil 2000 Water cylinder. (which has been very problematic over the past few years!)

Can anyone recommend a reliable uncomplicated unvented Water Cylinder to replace it with?

Hot water is required for one bathroom/kitchen in a flat using economy 10 electricity.

I have been looking at the 145i Megaflo Eco Unvented Hot Water Cylinder as a possible.
Not sure if this would be a good option or what other brands would be good?
Any advise would be appreciated!
Thank you

if your on econ 10 pal you need the 145dd or 170dd, the I version is indirect! Get G3 qualified engineer to give you a quote and survey for the PRV discharge etc

Much better units than the megaflow, you're paying for the name with that one.

As vern said get somebody in that's suitably qualified. The discharge will be the key.

OSO units are very good. One of the few products you will ever buy that is made in Norway. They have a long heritage and I think one of the first to manufacture these types of unit.

My reasons for choosing OSO (2.1 bar) were quality and the fact they operate at slightly lower pressures than the megaflow (3bar), but quality is similar. The lower operating pressure still provides adequate flow on systems with correctly sized pipework, but is less stressful for older copper systems that have been converted from low pressure. This is worth taking note of for flat installations (30% lower pressure, but virtually same flow).

Since I registered as a BBA approved installer in 1989, I have fitted hundreds of units ranging from IMI tribunes (copper), Polystell (rubber lined steel) units, Andrews units and ariston (glass lined) the stainless megaflow and oso are by far the most reliable.

Thanks for getting back on this...

Have also been looking at difference direct versus indirect ....there are so many conflicting opinions on this! Can you advise why I would need Direct and not Indirect? Is it something related with using economy 10 electricty?

I will be using a certified engineer - but I also prefer to do my own research first and understand better what I am buying!​

[h=2][/h]

Have also been looking at difference direct versus indirect ....there are so many conflicting opinions on this! Can you advise why I would need Direct and not Indirect? Is it something related with using economy 10 electricty?

I will be using a certified engineer - but I also prefer to do my own research first and understand better what I am buying!

It is hard to do research on things when you have no understanding of the basic principles of operation.
Speak to a suitably qualified plumber who will listen to your exact requirements, explain the differences and advise you.​

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello all I'm replacing 2 unvented cylinder a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Having a Viessmann 100W using the 4 pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning, he took it out from where it was...
Replies
Views
Back