Updating central heating system | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Updating central heating system in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Colin Richmond

I am going to replace the existing radiator valves with TRVs. Should those on the ground floor have a drain off facility? Also, can TRVs be fitted to all radiators or should one be left without a TRV?
I am also going to fit one additional small radiator. I am told that there should be no more than three radiators from a 22mm feed. Is this correct or can I add the new radiator by extending the 15mm pipework?

You haven't given enough information, so it is just guesswork to answer.
You might be better to get a heating engineer to check it all out.
Some systems require one radiator to be on. There are also open vented systems that are designed badly and will pump over if a lot of radiators shut off.
Whoever said about 22mm pipes can only do 3 rads is wrong. It depends on output of the supplied rads, but even 15mm pipes on a 2 pipe system generally will be okay for 2 large radiators max.
If your rads are on drops, then they are better to have draincocks on tee offs or fit lockshields which incorporate draincocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A simple thing i'd probably check is the...
Replies
Views
In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the information mate, ill look into...
Replies
Views
Fit one radiator, correctly sized to heat the...
Replies
Views
Back