Uponor underfloor heating valve. | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Uponor underfloor heating valve. in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Christopher buzzard

Gas Engineer
Can some please identify the valve on this underfloor manifold ( with the black wire coming out of the top). Have an issue where the system is turning off every 10-20 minutes and staying off for a while then coming back on again. The room can’t get up to temperature because of this. Power was going to the valve but not out of it.
‘thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 60D0F2CE-8DB2-4E0F-8C99-869D1D955135.jpeg
    60D0F2CE-8DB2-4E0F-8C99-869D1D955135.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 37
It looks like an temperature sensor on the heating outlet of the pump.
If the temperature gets too hot the pump will stop operating - to protect the UFH pipe and the floor.

Adjust the mixing valve to get cooler water or it could be a faulty thermostat sensor

Christopher,

That is a TM manifold, the originally fitted high limit stat will be hard to source. The current Uponor part number is 1002371 - which may need a threaded insert to fit.

Don’t be tempted to just bypass the limit switch

So only there if the thermostat head on the flow, fails and or if the boiler thermostat fails?
Never seen them on a manifold before. Spoke with an electrician who said in the past he hasn’t wired them in. (Not saying he’s right to do that though)

Yes in the event of flow temperature being too high due to whatever reason this will isolate supply to protect floors and pipework as said above.

Brambles is the man on these so he is worth listening to lol. As he said linking out is not advisable, in many cases will give a quick fix or in this case find a fault but it shouldn't be left like that.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Can anyone help with this underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Or if 3.7LPM/zone = 14.8LPM
Replies
Views
  • Question
I used Uheat 5 years ago. Wanted to try out...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think it maybe best to contact Drayton for...
Replies
Views
Back