Upstairs Toilet Draining into ground floor soil stack. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Upstairs Toilet Draining into ground floor soil stack. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I'm looking to connect an upstairs toilet into an existing ground floor soil stack. Is the solution I've drawn out possible or does the soil stack vent need to be above the connecting appliance still?

Red is the proposed new pipework and brown the existing.

Let me know any questions.

Toilet Drain.png

https://assets.publishing.service.g...achment_data/file/442889/BR_PDF_AD_H_2015.pdf
I have a question, do you don't that what you are proposing is covered by the Building Regulations & is notifiable to your local BCO?
What is required is set out in the attached link to AD Part H (1).

If you are not sure what is required employ someone because your drawing means nothing unless we can see it in context of the building & the appliances connected.

Last edited:
AAV will need to be above all of the appliances going in to it. 200mm above the flood level (rim) of the basin in your new bathroom, otherwise when water backs up in a blockage it pours out of the AAV rather than backing up into the basin where you can see it and deal with it. Check regs as above

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks, I think its a case of stick with the...
Replies
Views
No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
F
Thanks for your reply. I don't think so. I...
Replies
Views
Funkymunkey27
F
Back